Sandbox Covers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sandbox Covers USA brings you the sturdiest sandbox covers on the market. Thank you for your interest in our products. Our sandbox covers are great for commercial and home settings, including schools, day care centers, religious organizations, homeowner associations … even your backyard.
Our sandbox covers are available in 2 different designs: with weighted edges or with polywoven ties. Our sandbox covers keep the sand in your sandbox, and they keep the animals out. And in sunny weather, the sand in your sandbox can get very hot, but our sandbox covers keep the sand shaded and cool.
1. How do I order a Sandbox Cover?
- Determine the dimensions (length x width) of your Sandbox
- Call us at 877-840-0707 if you have questions or wish to place an order by phone
- You may also order through our secure, online shopping cart
2. Why do I need a sandbox cover?
There are many good reasons to get a sandbox cover:
- Sandbox covers prevent sand and sand toys from blowing away.
- Covers keep the sand dry — our full vinyl models are waterproof.
- Covers keep out leaves and branches.
- They also keep the sand clean and sanitary by preventing animals from entering the sandbox. Cats love sand … and not for the right reasons. Squirrels, raccoons, and other wildlife may also enjoy frolicking in sandboxes.
- In hot weather, the sun can make sand very hot (ever been to the beach in July?). Sandbox covers keep the sand shaded, making it cool for use by kids.
3. What type of sandbox covers do you sell?
4. Where are you located? Where do you ship your sandbox covers to?
Our company is based in Maryland, but we ship our sandbox covers nationwide and even internationally. We’ve been in business since 1986, and we have hundreds of satisfied customers from Los Angeles to New York and many points in between.
5. What type of sandbox cover do you recommend for my sandbox?
It depends on what type of sandbox you have, and how large it is.
For smaller sandboxes, up to 10′ x 10′, our weighted-edge models are a great choice. You simply place the covers over the sandbox, then lift the cover flaps over the side of the sandbox. The weighted chain sewn into the flaps holds the cover in place. The weighted-edge covers are available in full vinyl (to keep the water out) or in vinyl with a mesh center (to let the water run through into the sandbox). These covers are available in any size.
If you have a sandbox made from plastic (like border timbers), our polywoven canvas covers with a tie-down system are a good option for you. Note: these covers are made from a tough mesh fabric, so they let rainwater run through the cover and into the sandbox.